Picture Gallery - Click Any Image To Enlarge
Bailey Discovery D4-2
The D4-2 is the smallest of the three caravans in the Discovery caravan range. This means that more vehicles are likely to be suitable for towing it.
The Front Lounge has a very good amount of natural light coming into it via the surrounding windows, the large front skylight and the rooflight that is between the lounge and kitchen. There is also a substantial amount of seating ( available length for each seat is approximately 170cm each ), so despite the overall length of the caravan, extra guests will have plenty of seating room when sharing the lounge with you.
The lounge has two directional spotlights that have individual switches - so you can choose which to have on and off ( both lights also have USB charging ports which are very handy for so many modern devices ). There are also LED striplights in the corner shelves ( see photographs ).
The Kitchen occupies both sides of the caravan. Daylight is supplied by the window, which casts light onto both the worktop and the hob unit and the rooflight above. At night or in low light conditions there are 2 fixed spot lights that shine directly onto the worktop and hob unit.
There is kitchen storage on both sides of the caravan. This includes 3 overhead lockers, a good sized cupboard beneath the oven and a drawer.
The kitchen is fitted with a Thetford Triplex combination oven and grill and inset into the worktop is a 3 gas burner hob ( see photographs ). It also has a Dometic 103 litre fridge that has electronic ignition and a rectangular, stainless steel sink with single mixer tap.
There is a TV connection point along with both 12v and mains power sockets right next to the lounge area. The TV connection point is linked to a Vision Plus V3 signal booster and this in turn is connected to the Status 570 telescopic directional digital television aerial.
The Rear Washroom / Wet Room
This washroom is fitted with a Thetford C-260 cassette toilet that has an integrated header tank. Above this is a wall mounted cupboard for storing toiletries. The entire room has been lined like a 'wet room' but when using the shower there is a shower curtain that runs on a ceiling mounted rail - this will restrict the water to just the shower area. The shower is fitted with the popular EcoCamel shower head and there is a roof vent to help reduce condensation. Mounted on the wall and above the washbasin is a mirror.
The main wardrobe with hanging rail and shoe storage cupboard beneath is immediately on your right when you enter the caravan.
The Discovery D4-2 does not have a bedroom with a fixed bed. Instead, the front lounge area must be converted to a sleeping area. You may choose either to make a double bed ( 6' 2" x 5' 8" ) or 2 single beds, both at 6' 7" x 2' 1".
An 'easy bed make up system' is provided. This is an array of wooden slats that pulls out and glides on rails along the length of the seats. It just helps converting the area into a sleeping area or converting it back to the lounge ( see photographs ).
Naturally, all windows, skylights and rooflights have integrated blinds to cut out light and provide a darkened room ready for sleeping in.
A Further Feature To Mention
Almost a decade ago, Bailey caravans introduced the Alu-Tech Bodyshell, a significant departure from the conventional method of caravan construction that had remained unchanged for the previous three decades. The Alu-Tech Bodyshell provides increased strength and durability, improved insulation, improved protection, lighter caravans and better balanced caravans.
- Berths: 2
- Axle Type: Single Axle
- Internal Length: 3.866 m / 12 ' 9 "
- Shipping Length: 5.615 m / 18 ' 5 "
- Overall Width: 2.228 m / 7 ' 4 "
- Overall Height: 2.605 m / 8 ' 6 "
- Internal Headroom: 1.960 m / 6 ' 5 "
- Awning Size ( not supplied ): 1004 cm
- Tyre Sizes: 185/R14C
- MTPLM: 995 kg
- MRO: 884 kg
- Total User Payload: 111 kg
- Bed Sizes:
Front Double: 6 ' 2 " x 5 ' 8 "
Front N/S Single: 6 ' 7 " x 2 ' 1 "
Front O/S Single: 6 ' 7 " x 2 ' 1 "
- Security Features
1) Concealed security data chip within caravan construction
2) CRiS identity number anti-tamper labels attached to the windows and inside gas locker.
- AL-KO AKS 3004 Stabiliser - stabilisers reduce rolling and pitching whilst you are towing and significantly improve the smoothness of a journey. They give the driver greater confidence and control.
- AL-KO Chassis - The Discovery has an AL-KO one piece galvanised steel chassis, braking system and running gear.
- Alu-Tech Bodyshell - supplied with a 6 year transferable bodyshell integrity warranty and a 3 year transferable manufacturers components warranty, the Alu-Tech bodyshell is a patented aluminium external framework that clamps the bodyshell panels together. As a result there are fewer external joints making the shell more weatherproof. Thicker panels provide significantly better insulation keeping you warm in the cold and cooler in the summer.
- Cassette Toilet - Thetford C-260 cassette toilet with integrated header tank.
- Heating and Water Heating System - Truma Combi heating system, combined water and room heating. Truma user friendly digital control panel with adjustable fan and water boost functions. Dual fuel 2kw gas and 1.8kw electric power sources.
- Refrigerator - Dometic 103 litre fridge with electronic ignition.
- Oven & Grill - Fitted with a Thetford Triplex combination oven and grill and a 3 gas burner hob.
- Aerial - Status 570 telescopic directional digital television aerial
YOUR NEW ASSET COULD BE CLOSER THAN YOU THINK
Ask about the finance options available
Please note: This information is an EXAMPLE ONLY. The values shown were correct at 10/12/2019. However, you should be aware that some values may change for dates later than that shown.
Make and Model
Bailey Discovery D4 2 - New Caravan
Personal Contract Purchase Representative Example
59 x £ 198.00
Total Amount of Credit
Total Amount Payable
Purchase Fee ( included in the final payment above )
Duration of Agreement ( Months )
Interest Rate ( Fixed )
Virtual 360 Degrees Tour