Bailey Olympus 525 Used Caravan
Inspecting the exterior of this 5 berth caravan you will find it is in good condition ( some very minor dents only ). The interior is in a similar condition and any new owner will be proud of this Bailey Olympus 525. If you look underneath the caravan, you will find it is fitted with a motor-mover ( please note: motor-movers are not included in the warranty ). Motor-movers are excellent for taking the stress ( mentally and physically ) out of the exacting task of positioning the caravan both on the camping site and on the home driveway. This Olympus 525 has the Bailey Alu-Tech body shell. This means it has thicker body panels and a grade 3 Insulation Thermal Classification - which to you and me means it is lighter, but better at keeping you warm in the winter and cooler in the summer.
With road safety and practicalities in mind this caravan has a combination of the AL-KO ATC Trailer Control System, the AL-KO AKS stabiliser and AL-KO shock absorbers - a combination that should give you a safe and pleasant towing experience.
The Front Lounge
One thing you notice immediately when looking at the seating in this caravan's front lounge, is that it forms a 'U' shape. This is because there is no two or three drawer cabinet to separate the seats. This of course provides even more seating space for your family and guests. The upholstery is in good condition and the seating is comfortable. You access the storage space beneath the seats by removing the seat cushions and lifting the slatted wood seat frames ( see photograph ) - however at the front there is a small access door ( shown in the photographs ) to the space beneath the very fron seat.
The lounge does have it's own TV connection point - as you look out of the front windows it is to your right - with both a 12 volt and mains socket ( see photograph ). Additional entertainment is provided by the high quality, JVC CD/radio player ( see photograph ) which is linked to the signal booster for improved signal reception. This is of course connected to the two insets speakers.
Storage in the front lounge area is provided by six overhead lockers ( see photograph ) with shelving units in between and as previously mentioned there is storage beneath the seats.
At night this area can be made into a bedroom area with a double bed ( 6' 6" x 5' 6" ) or alternatively two single beds ( 2 @ 5'6" x 2'3" ). To make this task easier and more practical, there is an easy bed make-up system to aid this process ( see photograph ). This is an array of wooden slats that glide out from under the seats to provide support for the beds. It is as easy to put away as it it to pull-out.
To give enough daylight into the lounge there is a combination of five surrounding windows but also the rooflight above. All windows have flyscreens, blinds and easy draw curtains. Night-time lighting comes from the two directional spotlights that have their own switches and strip lights that are set behind the pelmet at the bottom of the lockers - these provide mood lighting for relaxation at night. There is also a ceiling light that provides light to the lounge and kitchen area.
As you will see from the photographs and caravan plan, the Kitchen has a 'straight run' layout - with everything in one line.
The modern finish worktop has room to the right of the both the sink and also the hob and so should be reasonable practical when preparing meals. The inset stainless steel sink has the usual draining board that doubles as a sink cover ( see photographs ).
Above the worktop, kitchen storage comprises of two overhead lockers, one of which has a plate rack fixed in it. This can easily be removed if not required and some storage shelves. Then below the worktop are two larger cupboards; one with a cutlery tray and vegetable baskets in it ( see photograph ) and the other with two shelves to maximise space use ( see photograph ). As is typical of modern caravans there is a storage space beneath the oven suitable for baking trays etc.
All cooking options are catered for and appliances are nicely to hand. The kitchen comes with a Thetford Spinflo domestic style glass fronted oven and grill which are in good condition and have electronic ignition as well as a flame failure device for safety. ( see photographs ) and a Thetford 4 gas burner hob. And of course, no modern kitchen would be complete without a microwave. For storing perishables there is the Thetford 107 litre refrigerator with full width freezer top box ( see photograph ).
For daylight to the kitchen there is a window that provides light across the worktop and a medium sized rooflight overhead. For nightime lighting there are two main overhead ceiling lights, and a striplight that will illuminate the worktop over the sink and hob unit.
The WC / Shower Room
This caravan departs from the typical rear washroom layout ( due to the fixed dining area ) and has a central WC / Shower room which is directly opposite the kitchen. This does mean that at night, the toilet is available to both those sleeping in the front and the rear without having to go through the sleeping area of others. Taking you from left to right we have the shower cubicle itself. This has a 'D' shape and a sliding, semi-circular door ( see photographs ). Next we find the washbasin with single mixer tap and a storage cupboard beneath. Then finally the swivel Thetford C-250 cassette toilet.
Mounted into the ceiling is a ventilation fan which helps keep moisture from condensation to a minimum. Night-time lighting comes from two small fixed spotlight over the washbasin area.
The Fixed Dining Area
Some people like fixed bedrooms, some prefer fixed dining areas because they give convenience for meals times. If you are one of the latter, then this caravan will probably suit you. As well as the convenience at meals, this area provides even more storage; with six overhead lockers, shelving units and storage space beneath the seats ( see photograph ). Of course this area is also used for sleeping and just like the lounge there is an easy bed make up system to make this conversion process easier. The area can either be made into a double bed 6'6" x 4'5" with a single bed 6'0 x 2' 0" that overhangs it.
For daylight there are two windows plus a medium sized rooflight and st night light is provided by the main ceiling light and two strip lights.
Used caravans from PENROSE TOURING come with a 12 month warranty for peace of mind.
- Alu-Tech Bodyshell - the Alu-Tech bodyshell is a patented aluminium external framework that clamps the bodyshell panels together. As a result there are fewer external joints making the shell more weatherproof. Thicker panels provide significantly better insulation keeping you warm in the cold and cooler in the summer.
- AL-KO ATC Trailer Control System - an anti-snaking system for caravans. ATC monitors for instability, making every journey you take safer and more controlled.
- AL-KO AKS 3004 Stabiliser - stabilisers reduce rolling and pitching whilst you are towing and significantly improve the smoothness of a journey. They give the driver greater confidence and control.
- TV Signal - fitted with a Vision Plus signal booster and a Vision Plus Status 530 directional television aerial.
- Truma Ultratherm Blown Air Heating - helps distribute warmth evenly through the caravan.
- Refrigerator - Thetford 107 litre fridge with full width freezer compartment to the top.
- Cooking - Spinflo combined grill and domestic style glass fronted oven with electronic ignition and flame failure device. Spinflo recessed 4-burner hob unit incorporating flush fitting glass hinged lid with conveniently located controls. Daewoo microwave oven.
- JVC Radio / CD / MP3 Player - with iPOD/MP3 player connection point. Connected to dual cone stereo speakers for superior sound quality.
- Shower Cubicle - shower cubicle with a sliding semi-circular door approx size 69cm x 73 cm
- Cassette Toilet - Swivel Thetford C250 casette toilet with integrated header tank.
- Blinds - adding that extra privacy factor.
- Double Glazing - for extra comfort in those colder periods.
- Fly Screens - helps keep out those unwanted insects.
- Berth: 5
- Year: 2010
- Shipping Length: 7.101 (23' 4")
- Overall Width: 2.19m (7' 2")
- Maximum Weight: 1463kg (28.8cwt)
- Unladen weight: 1238kg (24.4cwt)
- Bed Size - Front Double: 6' 6" x 5' 6"
- Bed Size - Front Singles: 2 @ 5' 6" x 2' 3"
- Bed Size - Rear Double: 6' 6" x 4' 5"
- Bed Size - Rear O/Head Single: 6' 0" x 2' 0"