Picture Gallery - Click Any Image To Enlarge
Buccaneer Caravel 2012 - Used Caravan
This 4 berth caravan has a central washroom. The Winterhoff WS3000 stabiliser helps provide a somewhat more assured towing experience. Internally and externally the caravan is in good condition. We describe the interior in detail below.
The Front Lounge
- Seating - each seat measures 1.68 metres approximately. The actual available seating length after bolster cushions are put in place and from the end of the seat up to the drawer cabinet is 1.10 metres approximately. Seating is comfortable, firm and in good condition.
- Night-Time Lighting - the lounge has 4 directional spotlights each with their own switch. This means that you can select which ones to have on or off. In addition to these there are two lights - set into the front corners of the lounge, with front shades / diffusers ( see photographs ). There is also a striplight behind the front pelmet.
- Daylight - daylight into the front lounge is provided by the surrounding side and front windows plus additional daylight from the rooflight above.
- Storage - The lounge has 6 overhead lockers. In addition to these there are 4 drawers in the cabinet between the seats and storage beneath the seats. This can be accessed in two different ways; by using the handy front facing doors but these only give partial access or by removing the seat cushions and lifting the slatted wood frame ( this gives full access ).
- Using As A Sleeping Area - The front lounge has an Easy Bed Make-Up System. This is an array of wooden slats that pulls out and runs on a glide-track. It makes the process of changing the lounge into a sleeping area easier and less tiresome. To cut out light, all rooflights and windows have integral pleated blinds. You can make the area into a double bed; 6' 10" x 5' 7"
- Other - There is a Pioneer DEH-150MP Radio / CD player with two stereo speakers for entertainment and your enjoyment. It is located in one of the overhead lockers. The radio is connected to a signal booster. The top of the drawer cabinet provides a handy pull-out occasional table.
- Storage - The kitchen has lots of storage. There are 3 overhead lockers - 1 of which has a glass front. To the right of these is a shelf unit with 2 shelves. Beneath the worktop are 3 drawers, a smaller cupboard and a large double fronted cupboard. If even more storage space is needed there is a cupboard on the opposite side of the caravan above the microwave.
- Daylight - there is a window behind the sink that gives daylight to the worktop but some additional daylight also comes into the kitchen via the roof vent.
- Night-Time Lighting - there is a total of 4 fixed spot lights - 2 directly over the worktop and 2 in front of the overhead lockers.
- Cooker - The kitchen is fitted with a Thetford Spinflo oven with electronic ignition.
- Hob - the hob has 3 gas burners and an electric hotplate with controls to the right-hand side.
- Microwave - there is a microwave to give extra cooking options
- Refrigerator - The kitchen comes with a large refrigerator that has a removable freezer compartment ( on the opposite side of the caravan ).
- Sink - a large sink and drainer with single mixer tap.
- Other - there is a roof vent / fan extractor in the ceiling ( between the lounge and kitchen ) to reduce condensation from cooking.
The bedroom has a highly symmetrical layout with left and right being almost the mirror-image of each other.
Many people like the handy, ease of a bedroom with a fixed island double bed gives - doing away with the need to make a bed up every night and pack it all away in the morning. An island bed in particular makes getting in and out of bed easier. The bedroom has it's own TV station area so that television can be viewed from the bed. The bedroom is separated from the rest of the caravan by a sliding/folding room separator.
- Storage - Either side of the bedroom there is a tall wardrobe style cupboard with hanging rail and shelves beneath; a single overhead locker and a small corner unit at the end of the bed.
There is also the large storage area under the bed - ideal for items like awnings etc.
- Daylight - true to the symmetry of the design, the bedroom has a window either side of the caravan plus a medium sized rooflight above to give daylight into the bedroom area.
- Night-Time Lighting - there are 2 directional spotlights at the headboard end of the bedroom. There is also a fixed spotlight in the 'vanity' corner.
- Other - the bedroom has it's own TV station connection point with 12 volt and mains power sockets.
The Central Washroom
The central position of the washroom is considered by many to be a big advantage - particularly at night - it avoids the need to enter the bedroom in order to get to the washroom. The washroom has a roof vent to reduce the build up of condensation.
- Night-Time Lighting - There are 2 fixed spotlights plus another fixed spotlight in the shower cubicle ( 3 in total ).
- Daylight - there is no window in the washroom. A small of amount of daylight comes into the washroom via the roof vent.
- Shower Cubicle - The shower cubicle measures 80 x 60cm approximately. It has a sliding, bi-fold door.
- Storage - there is storage above the cassette toilet and storage beneath the washbasin.
- Chassis - an AL-KO galvanised chasis with Euro-axle.
- AL-KO AKS 2004 Stabiliser - stabilisers reduce rolling and pitching whilst you are towing and significantly improve the smoothness of a journey. They give the driver greater confidence and control.
- Security - fitted with IDM-3 infra-red security alarm
- Heating - Truma 3002 3kw gas heater and supplementary 230v Ultraheat system with automatic ignition and silent running night setting.
- Refrigerator - Dometic 104 litre refrigerator with electronic ignition and full width freezer compartment.
- Cooking - Spinflo combined grill and domestic style glass fronted oven with electronic ignition and flame failure device. Spinflo recessed 4-burner hob unit incorporating flush fitting glass hinged lid with conveniently located side controls.
- Radio / CD Player - with USB connection point. Connected to stereo speakers.
- Shower Cubicle - shower cubicle with double door entry - approx size 70cm x 70cm
- Cassette Toilet - Swivel Thetford casette toilet with electric flush and integrated header tank.
- Blinds - adding that extra privacy factor.
- Double Glazing - for extra comfort in those colder periods.
- Fly Screens - helps keep out those unwanted insects.
- Berth: 2
- Year: 2004
- Shipping Length: 6.508 (21' 5")
- Overall Width: 2.28m (7' 6")
- Maximum Weight: 1385kg (27.3cwt)
- Unladen weight: 1160kg (22.8cwt)
- Bed Size - Front Double: 7' 0" x 4' 7"
- Bed Size - Front Singles: 2 @ 6' 2" x 2' 4"