Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro 330 Driveaway
UPDATED FOR 2019
The Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro 330 DriveAway now features doors in the rear tunnel of the awning allowing convenient access to the vehicle without going through the awning.
Kampa's best-selling Motor Rally AIR Pro awning is now available as a Drive-Away, allowing you to leave it on site while you explore the local area.
A large connecting tunnel can be attached to your motorhome, either by throwing the included webbing straps over the vehicle or using a Drive-Away kit to connect to an awning rail or the front channel of any roll-out awning. The freestanding Motor Rally Drive-Away sets up in minutes and is easily inflated through a single inflation point using the high quality pump supplied or, for the ultimate in convenience, Kampa's electric Gale pump. Once set up the awning provides plenty of space for furniture and other equipment. It can be fitted with Kampa's full range of Rally optional equipment to tailor it to your needs. These options include sleeping/storage annexes, extra mesh panels, LED lighting, breathable carpets and even a conservatory.
The Motor Rally Air Pro DriveAway uses an airframe ( also known as airpoles ) to replace conventional metal or fibreglass poles. Because these types of awnings are more lightweight they are generally easier to transport and position on-site than conventional awnings. The awning can be inflated quickly and easily through a single inflation point because all the poles are linked together. Additional advantages include the fact that the airframe is always attached ( no need to find or remember your poles ) and that there is less likelihood of damage to your caravan because only soft materials are fixed against it. All things considered the airframe has become the trusted and most popular choice for today's caravanners. A high volume manual pump is supplied but an optional electric pump is available to make the process of inflating the awning even easier.
What does 'Pro' stand for in the product name?
The Rally Pro series uses a more substantial, heavier duty fabric called Weathershield Pro ( updated for 2017 ) which provides excellent weatherproofing and extra durability. If you pitch your awning for longer periods of the year or during times of the year when the weather is likely to require a more robust awning then it would probably make sense to consider the Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro series.
What are the main features of the Motor Rally Air Pro series?
- They are quick and easy to setup - the awning can be can be completely set up in four to five minutes approximately and pumps up, using the manual pump supplied, in around sixty seconds (depending on your fitness, determination and competitiveness!). It uses Kampa's patented inflation system. It can be inflated from just one inflation point.
- Versatility and usability - the distinctive steep front of the awning gives excellent headroom when compared to many awnings. There are two doors; one on either side of the awning - very useful if there is a prevailing wind from one direction. The front wall panel can be arranged in several ways as the two outer front panels can be rolled to the side or the top part of each outer panel can be dropped down to create what Kampa calls the 'veranda style'.
- Other features include Kampa's Upright Poles that keep the rear of the awning close to the side of your motorhome. Crystal clear windows with internal curtains, ventilation in the eaves, Kampa's Accessory Track and a mud flap with eyelets to help keep out draughts.
Available Methods Of Attaching This Awning To Your Vehicle
This awning can be attached to the your vehicle by two different methods.
- The Beading Method - Sewn in, along the length of this tunnel is 6mm beading. If the vehicle has an awning rail you can use this along with the beading to attach the awning to the vehicle. Alternatively, the beading can be clipped to the vehicle gutter using a 'figure of 8' profile ( not supplied ). Kampa also have an optional extra, called a 'driveaway kit' that can be used for this purpose.
- The Guyline Method - This is generally considred to be the fastest method - so it can be very handy if you are setting up in undesirable weather conditions or not staying on the pitch for long. Firstly, attached the guylines to the top corners of the rear awning tunnel. Next, throw the guylines over the vehicle. Finally, you can either peg the guylines down or alternatively, secure them to an appropriate part of the vehicle.